Monday, February 2, 2009

Welcome back home, it's cold!!

We returned home today from our 5 day cruise, and for me it was bittersweet to come home. We both were very ready to see our Paigie-poo, and she welcomed us home with huge hugs and kisses, and screams! The cruise weather was a little disappointing to me, it was cloudier and windier than I had thought it would be. We sat out on the pool deck one day with beach towels wrapped around us, I would have spent a lot more time out there reading if it had been a little warmer. But other than that, I was really enjoying how relaxing it was. We really did not watch the time that much, didn't matter if we ate breakfast at almost lunchtime and lunch at 2:30. We were a whole hour late to dinner one night because our cell phones were an hour behind the ship, but they still served us! The boat was much more "rockier" this time too, as I am sitting here typing I still feel like I am swaying back and forth! But we didn't get seasick, surprisingly! Over all, I could have stayed a few more days, but I am glad to be back home with my sweet girl! We came home, by the way, to a broken heater in the house (59 degrees inside when we got home) and Paige has had an upset tummy, and later tonight Garrett got chills and aches! Can I go back on vacation please? Anyway, the first picture is our ship docked in Cozumel. It was a great ship, with a waterslide, 24 hour pizza and ice cream, great dinners, and great shows. You can have a lot of fun there if you want, but we did more relaxing.



Here is one of the towel creations they did in our room, we're pretty sure it's a puppy dog wearing Garrett's sunglasses.
This is the only picture we have of ourselves together! This is just off the pier in Cozumel, you can see the ships behind us. We knew Paige would like this picture with the alligator!



Here's Garrett posing outside of Fat Tuesday in Cozumel. We didn't see the hat at first, and some lady sitting nearby started yelling,"You have to wear the hat! It's no good without the hat!" She got up and helped him put the hat on. Funny picture!

We played putt putt on our way back home. The ship had 9 holes of mini golf, it was pretty fun, and something different to do for entertainment. We really didn't take a whole lot of pictures because there wasn't really a whole lot going on! We took several videos, maybe I can upload one sometime soon when I have more time and it's not so late. There's one of Garrett going down the waterslide that Paige loves and wants to watch over and over!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun..i know it is hard to come back to reality!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're home. Hate there's sickness. Hate your heater's broken. Wish you could have stayed longer. Didn't know all this. I was hoping Paige's sickness was temporary and had no idea Garrett was sick. Mommy's just don't have time to be sick, do they? This, too, shall pass though :)

    ReplyDelete